*Dodge County Safe & Sober*
The Minnesota Safe & Sober Campaign consists of the following components:
- The Challenge Program, aimed at recognizing law enforcement agencies that successfully reduce traffic deaths and injuries through their efforts.
- A Grant Program, which increases traffic enforcement and community outreach for Minnesota law enforcement agencies.
- Other programs, including "enforcement saturations" and seatbelt safety promotion.
- Law Enforcement Liaisons, who work with local agencies on traffic enforcement and other issues.
- Operation Nighttime Concentrated Alcohol Patrol (NightCAP), aimed at preventing impaired driving and alcohol-related traffic deaths in Minnesota.
- Saved by the Belt Program, which promotes wearing seatbelts, and the protection they provide.
Toward Zero Deaths (TZD) is a Minnesota interagency partnership led by the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Transportation in cooperation with the State Patrol, the Federal Highway Administration, Minnesota county engineers, and the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota. The TZD mission is: "To move Minnesota toward zero deaths on our roads, using Education, Enforcement, Engineering, and Emergency Services."
Seat belts are the most effective safety feature ever invented and have helped save thousands of lives. Sadly, one in five Americans fail to regularly wear a seat belt when driving or riding in a motor vehicle. By maintaining the "Click It or Ticket" brand and awareness, we will continue to reduce seat belt fatalities on America's roads.