Marraige Licenses
curve slider image

Customers are required to follow COVID restrictions.  Driver's License customers should arrive early to guarantee service.  Our building hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.  Our building hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. 

A marriage license can be obtained in any vitals office in Minnesota for a ceremony occurring in the state of Minnesota.  A marriage license is good for 6 months after it is purchased.  The fee for a marriage license is $115 unless the premarital education requirements are met, then the fee is reduced to $40.

Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check or money order (payable to Dodge County).   We also accept  credit cards for payment, however, there is an additional 4% service fee.

To apply for a marriage license you can go to to fill out the online application or come into our office to apply online.  BOTH applicants must be present to apply, and to insure that your application can be processed the same day please arrive no later than 4pm.

*The Dodge County Court House does NOT have an officiant onsite to perform marriages.*

Premarital Education Requirements

Parties must bring a signed, notarized and dated educator's statement from the person who provided the premarital education.  The educator's statement should be on their business letterhead and should have specific wording.  The attached is a sample letter of a compliant educator's statement.

Request for Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate

If you are requesting a certified copy of your marriage certificate, please click on the following link to search your marriage and find the county in which it was recorded:   Once you find the County it was recorded in, you will need to contact that County and request a certified copy of your Marriage Certificate. 

If your marriage was recorded in Dodge County, please complete the attached request form and mail your form to Dodge County, 721 Main Street North, Mantorville, MN 55955.   Each certified copy you request will be $9.00 .  Make sure to enclose a check or Money Order with your form, along with your return address.

With questions, please contact us.