Attention Driver's License Applicants: The State has recently introduced the option to renew or replace a "Standard" Driver's License online. If you have no major changes to your license you can check online at drive.mn.gov to see if you qualify.
Customers are required to follow COVID restrictions. Driver's License customers should arrive early to guarantee service. Our building hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Land Records provides many services to the public in one location. The Director of Land Records, Ryan DeCook, acts as the County Assessor and the County Recorder. We are comprised of Assessment Services, Recording Services, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and Surveying.
See below for contact information and a brief description for each area.
- Identifying, classifying, and valuing real property and some personal property for ad valorum taxation purposes
- All documents such as deeds, mortgages, contracts, mechanics liens, mortgage assignments, releases, etc.
- Recorded official plats of land in both city and rural areas
- Full abstracting services which include updating existing abstracts and creating new abstracts
- Military service discharges are filed in this office at no cost to the Veteran
- Vital Records such as certified birth certificates, certified death certificates, marriage records and licensing, filing notary public, renew drivers license , and state ID cards, etc.
- Passport photos
Geographical Information Systems (GIS):
- Parcel based mapping and identification of parcels
- Locate County section and quarter corners
- Oversees plats, surveys, and splits
County Surveyor: (651) 385-3197
GIS: (651) 385-3193
Recorder & Vitals: (507) 635-6250