THE SELF SERVE DEPOT IS NOW OPEN...for Dodge County Residents that do not have easy access to a waste hauler or those who are still burning their garbage in a burn barrel.
- Please print and fill out the Agreement
- Read the Rules of Use
- Take the signed agreement to the Dodge County Transfer Station Office.
- Staff will assign a unique PIN number that will allow access thru the walk in door of the building.
- Only bagged garbage can go in this compactor.
- You must purchase a minimum of 5 green bags for $17.50 that have to be used in the Depot. (Pricing subject to change)
- No other bags are allowed in the Depot - violators will lose their access.
- Staff will explain how the facility and the BinPak compactor work so plan for a few minutes when signing up.
- The Depot is accessible by PIN code 24 hrs a day/7 days a week.
*If you are already a Self-Serve Customer - ask us how you can order bags by mail. Call (507) 635-6273.
Waste to Energy Service Fee Increase effective May 1, 2017. See attached Fact Sheet for more information.
Dodge County now Quarantined for Emerald Ash Borer
For more information see attachments: EAB News Release
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION is provided by licensed haulers. All haulers are required to provide their customers with volume based pricing..."so the less you throw away, the less you pay".
DODGE COUNTY LICENSED HAULERS
Advanced Disposal 507-281-5850
Freeborn County Coop Oil 507-373-3991
Hometown Haulers 507-421-2019
Skjeveland Enterprises 507-528-9900
Veit Disposal 507-281-3867
Waste Management Rochester 507-282-2420
Rural Garbage Collection can be provided by licensed haulers, but it may be hard to find a hauler to service remote areas. If hauling service is not available, garbage is accepted at the Dodge County Transfer Station. Fees are based on weight and volume of waste. Or check out the Self-Serve Waste Depot (above) for another option.
DODGE COUNTY TRANSFER STATION accepts waste from haulers, businesses, and residents. Waste is processed and transported to the Olmsted Waste-to-Energy Facility where it is converted into steam and electricity.
LOCATION: 1 mile N of Kasson on Cty Rd 21
62236 240th Ave Kasson, MN
Map to Transfer Station
HOURS: Monday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - Noon
PAINT The Recycling Center (Building #3) can now accept PaintCare acceptable material such as oil based and latex architectural paint during business hours only. Please visit www.paintcare.org to find acceptable items.
Ken Paulson - SW Facility Manager email@example.com
PUNCH CARDS are available for customers who self-haul their trash to the Transfer Station in bags. The cost to dispose of a bag of trash is $5.00/bag but with the punch card you can dispose of 10 bags for $45. A savings of 50 cents per bag. Ask about the punch cards at the Transfer Station Office.
SHARPS DISPOSAL - Dodge County Transfer Station accepts sharps/syringes from residents at no charge.
* All sharps must be in a leak-proof, puncture-proof sealed container such as a laundry
detergent bottle or sharps container.
* Bring them to the Dodge County Recycling Center Building and put the container in the large sharps gondola.
They are picked up by Mayo Clinic and disposed of in their medical incinerator. PLEASE do not put loose sharps in the drop box recycling bins or in the garbage as this is a health hazard for everyone who handles your waste.
TAKE IT TO THE BOX PROGRAM
Click here to learn where you can take your outdated and leftover medications in Dodge County.
|Dodge County Solid Waste Ordinances|
|1. General Ordinance (Revised June 2016)|
|2. Solid Waste Designation Ordinance|
|4. Mandatory Recycling Ordinance|
|5. Waste Management Fees|
|6. Waste to Energy Service Charge Ordinance|
Hauler Forms for Waste to Energy Service Charge:
Click here for 22% Hauler Remittance Form -Starts for May 2017 billings
Click here for Hauler Reimbursement Form
SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN 2014 through 2023
Appendix F #1
Appendix F #2