RECYCLING IS MANDATORY…
Click here to see Recycling Ordinance No. 4
FOLLOWING MATERIALS CANNOT be thrown
in with trash:
Junk Mail & Folding Cartons
- Bundle in paper sacks, do not tie, NO PLASTIC
- Include inserts from newspaper & all types
- Folding cartons are cereal or cracker-type
- NO waxy coating boxes (i.e. frozen & microwave
- NO tissue paper, napkins, towels
- Layered with a wavy center
- Flatten & bundle together
- NO waxy corrugated cardboard
- Bundle in paper sacks, do not tie
- Include other glossy paper
- Notebook, copy & computer paper, letterhead,
- Bundle in paper sacks - NO PLASTIC BAGS, please!
- Bright colored paper accepted
- Rinse and remove loose lids
- Remove labels
Bottles & Jars
- NO LIDS....Please!
- Rinse clean
- No ceramic dishes or mugs, window glass or
plexiglas, light bulbs, glassware or Pyrex
- All narrow neck bottles.
- Lids are accepted.
- Plastic bottles, milk and water jugs, detergents, cleaners, shampoo bottles
- Rinse clean & crush to save space
- #1-7 plastics now accepted
- Small buckets-8" max diameter
- Food storage containers
- Squeezable bottles
- Yogurt containers & Margarine tubs
- Plastic bags (all bags inside one of the bags)
- Rinse clean
- NO TOYS, Please!
- Rinse clean
- milk and juice cartons
- juice boxes
- broth and cream cartons
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE is
provided by licensed haulers and they are required
by the County to provide this service. Most haulers
provide this service free! It’s easy, just
call your hauler and ask for it!
The RECYCLING CENTER
Located next to the Transfer Station at 62236
240th Ave on Co Rd 21 between Kasson and Mantorville.
at the Recycling Center:
8 am to 6 pm
Tuesday - Friday 8 am to 3 pm
8 am to Noon
The Recycling Center, drop box locations and most haulers accept commingled recycling. This means that recycled materials can be put together in the same container. If you have a hauler - they should provide instructions for their recycling requirements. See below for the drop box locations and if separating is required at the location that you use - please follow instructions on the Drop Boxes.
RURAL DROP-OFF RECYCLING
DEPOTS are available for people that do
not have curbside recycling service. The Depots are
available at the following locations around the County:
Everything commingled in one box.
the church building
|Claremont - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
||by the City Shop
Center - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
||North of the City Maintenance Shop
|Hayfield - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
the Co Shed, N of Hwy 30 on Center St
|Kasson/Mantorville - Separate cardboard. All other items can go together.
at the Recycling Center
|West Concord- Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
||east side of
the liquor store
Old Concord, Westfield and Vernon - Everything commingled in one box.
Electronic Waste cannot go in the trash.
- $15 for TV/Monitors
- $5 for all other e-waste
If the item is broken down or taken apart an additional $25 special handling fee will be charged. Fees are subject to change.
For further information call 507-634-7875.
YOU CAN NOW BRING YOUR UNWANTED CLOTHES AND SHOES TO THE GREEN AND WHITE USAGAIN BINS AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
*Dodge County Recycling Center - located
on the south side of the building.
* Hayfield by the Recycling drop boxes
* Claremont by the Recycling drop boxes
* West Concord by the recycling drop boxes
All Household Hazardous Waste collection has been suspended for 2012 in Dodge County. See schedule on HHW web page:
click here for link to HHW web page
Minnesota Materials Exchange
The Minnesota Materials Exchange program is a free service that links organizations that have reusable goods they no longer need to those who can use them. By providing a business reuse network, the Materials Exchange program helps prevent usable materials from becoming waste.
Other helpful links: http://www.ourearth.org/