The County Assessor's Office is responsible for determining the classification and estimating the market value for all real property and certain personal property in Dodge County for property tax purposes. The classification and valuation must meet the guidelines and standards established by Minnesota Statues and interpreted by the Minnesota Department of Revenue. This office:
- Appraises annually all of the aforementioned property at actual market value;
- Determines the current classification/use of these properties;
- Informs property owners of their estimated values;
- Conducts public meetings to discuss those values;
- Applies appropriate classification rates;
- Compiles taxable values for each taxing authority.