chrome firefox ie safari
ATTENTION! You are using an outdated browser. For a better experience using our website, please upgrade to a modern browser by clicking on one of the icons to the right.

Dodge County Seat
Mantorville, Minnesota 55955  
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Burning and Burying Waste


A burning permit is required prior to burning any brush except when done for recreational purposes. Only "farmers" are allowed to burn some of their household refuse in a burn barrel - only if done in a pollution free manner and only if refuse collection is not available. No person is allowed to burn rubber, plastic, tires, shingles, tar paper, insulation, wiring, paint, treated wood, or hazardous materials. See MPCA fact sheet on burning. 

Dodge County residents need to obtain burning permits from the Dodge County Sheriff's Department for burning brush and clean wood. Burning of any other material needs to be permitted through the Department of Natural Resoures at the Rochester Area Office located at 2300 Silver Creek Rd NE, Rochester, MN  55906. Telephone #507-206-2838 or follow the link to apply for a burning permit online:


Dodge County no longer issues Clean Fill Permits. All burying of waste or debris now is permitted by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Please contact the regional MPCA office at 507-285-7343.

Disposal Fact Sheet

Disposal of Farm Concrete Fact Sheet & Affidavit

Disposal of Structures Brochure